Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hello

Back by popular demand from all my fans. I can give you tons of reasons while I haven't blogged in over a year. Suffice to say - the lungs got in the way. Or maybe facebook, pinterest, google, television , or the most hated - exercise. Yesterday was beyond exciting. I spent all day at the Duke Medical Center. The research department is doing a drug study for Sjogren's Syndrome. Since this is one of my diseases I was there to be screened for the study. Screening means if I meet all the criteria I am in the drug study. Already the fact my white blood cell count is in the crapper is a negative. I arrived at 7:45 am. I spent the night in Greensboro with the husband in his "home away from home", the Embassy Suites. Being the romantic souls we are,we ate pizza in the room and were asleep by 8pm. Why I am explaining my night before is that to arrive at Duke by 7:45 from Charlotte would mean leaving at 4:45 am. Spending the night with the husband meant leaving at 6:30 am. During my time at Duke I had vital signs taken, blood drawn, consents signed, a chest x-ray,a pulmonary function test, a physical exam, an eye exam, a salivary test, and lots of paperwork. I left at 2:00 pm starving. I stopped at the Hardee's drive-thru in Hillsborough. There I consumed a small fry, a 1/4 thickburger and a medium coke. I ordered a diet coke. I even asked the girl in the drive-thru if it was diet. She said yes. I tasted it and thought maybe it was diet. By the time I hit Mebane I knew it was coke. I was so pissed but drank it anyway. I arrived back in Charlotte before 5:00 traffic. I took out the dogs. I got rid of all that coke I drank. I checked all my social media. That sounds so grown-up. Then I sat my fat ass in my Lazy - Boy recliner and turned on the television. I watched Foyles War and The Voice. For supper I consumed 4 Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and a bottle of a dry red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment