Monday, July 25, 2011

Dragging the Trailor

I lived in a trailer until I was around five. My parents acted like white trash most of my childhood. Which I feels explains this trailer I have been dragging behind me all my adult life. Depending on where I am going and who I am with depends on how hard it is to get that trailer in. I look back on times in my life that I pushed and pulled to make that trailer fit into some place I felt I had to be a part of. Usually after all that work I was pretty disappointed to be there.When we moved to Charlotte the husband got a country club membership. Talking about getting my trailer through! At that time most club members my age belonged to the club because their daddy paid for their membership. So the clique was tight and my trailer became a double wide. A few years ago to survive the economic times the club expanded their membership. There is a more realistic representation of the world at the club today. I see overweight people, people of different color and nationality, and most importantly people like the husband and I who accomplished their success on their own laurels. I am at the club frequently and I am not pulling that double wide behind me. Instead my trailer is a sleek custom built RV to rival any Nascar drivers. I know the reason for the trailer switch is more my own attitude regarding myself. I am 54 and more comfortable in my skin. I accept my trailer will always be behind me. And the places I want to be my trailer glides easily behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment